At Gateway Oaks Dental, we are committed to providing our patients with the highest level of care possible. As part of this ongoing effort, our skilled dentists provide laser dentistry in Sacramento, California. Laser therapy is an advanced form of dentistry, using dental lasers to aid us in multiple dental treatments. We welcome you to contact our office at 916-649-0249 to learn more about the benefits of laser dentistry and schedule your consultation with Dr. Hoang Truong and Dr. Asma Sajid.
Laser dentistry can be used to eliminate diseased tissue, harden restorative materials (such as fillings), and whiten teeth. Laser dentistry also minimizes pain, reduces the time you are in our office, speeds recovery time, and stops bleeding. Some dental lasers can even be used to detect tooth decay before it is visible to the naked eye. At Gateway Oaks Dental, we focus on using a diode laser, which uses a concentrated light beam to perform treatments.
Some of the treatments we provide using laser technology include:
- Laser Bacteria Reduction (LBR) – Reduce bacteria that can be introduced into our bloodstream & prevent cross contamination of infection in one area of your mouth to other areas. Boosts the immune system & improves overall health. Time: 5-10 minutes for a whole mouth sanitizing.
- Laser-Assisted Periodontal Therapy (LAPT) – A non-surgical treatment for treating periodontal disease that infects your bone and supporting teeth structures. Most people have pockets that surround their teeth that measure 1-3 mm. However, once these pockets become 4mm or deeper it is extremely difficult to manage their cleanliness and make them more susceptible for infection. We utilize the laser to remove diseased tissue around these pockets during the Scaling & Root Planing process.
- Laser Treatments for Cold Sores/Herpetic Lesions – A better and faster alternative to over-the-counter creams and medicaments. As soon as you feel that tingling sensation that warns you of an on-coming sore, schedule an appointment for a laser treatment. If you already have a sore the laser will take away the discomfort and help it to dry up and heal faster.
- Laser Treatments for Apthous Ulcers and Canker Sores – Laser energy destroys the virus that causes the sore and relief is immediate. You can help prevent sores if a laser treatment is performed once the lip starts tingling.
- Laser Cosmetic Procedures – Usually performed in conjunction with veneers, the laser can be used to reduce bleeding for the best fit of the veneers.
- Laser Gum Reshaping – reshape the gums for cosmetic purposes or to target gum tissues that is bothersome. There is less healing involved, less scarring and bleeding.
- Laser Frenectomy – This procedure is used to remove muscle attachment that interferes with normal lip or tongue movements or speech.
We would love to give you and your family a tour of our office and show you our dental lasers in person. If you would like to schedule a visit and get more information about how laser dentistry can revolutionize your trip to the dentist, please contact our dental office today. We look forward to working with you!