If you are missing teeth in your smile, it is important not to ignore them. The gaps from missing teeth aren’t just unsightly, they can actually affect your smile’s health as well. To prevent long term problems from occurring due to lost teeth, you will want to find a smile solution now.
A dental bridge can help with the missing teeth in your smile and maintain your smile health. This non-removable restoration effectively restores your smile whether you are missing several teeth in a row or one.
Dr. Hoang Truong and our team at Gateway Oaks Dental are happy to share some benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Sacramento, California, who are missing teeth. But first, let’s take a look at what happens to your smile when teeth are lost:
- Your smile’s appearance suffers as the gaps stand out when you smile or speak.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are more prone to gum disease and tooth decay.
- The remaining teeth in your mouth can shift.
- Your bite may be altered.
- If your bite is altered, you are susceptible to temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) as your teeth are subjected to uneven pressure when chewing.
Dr. Hoang Truong is pleased to offer a dental bridge for our patients needing help after teeth are lost. This fixed restoration is created using two or more crowns for the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. Also known as abutment teeth, these teeth anchor the false tooth which is placed in the gap.
To learn more about whether a dental bridge can help by restoring your smile’s form and function, please give our practice_name] team a call at 916-649-0249 to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Sacramento, California. Dr. Hoang Truong and our team are excited to help you create the healthy, confident smile you deserve!