Prevent gum disease from harming your smile. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an unusually common, yet serious oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is the result of a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can steadily damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by keeping track of the following signs that may be taking place:
– Do you have sensitive gums that appear inflamed, tender to the touch, or are red and bleeding?
– Does it seem like your gums are pulling back away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Do you continue to partake in hazardous habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Have you been prescribed any medications that list gum disease as a usual side effect?
– Do you regularly have loose teeth that feel wobbly?
– Do you suffer from recurrent bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how often you brush and floss?
– Do your gums usually bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
For more help treating gum disease from our team at Gateway Oaks Dental, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Hoang Truong, please book an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Sacramento, California. We can be reached at 916-649-0249. We are here to help you get the healthy smile of your dreams!