Without diligent daily care, your smile is prone to enamel decay, tooth sensitivity, cavities, and tooth loss from the buildup of acid in the mouth. Bacterial acid forms into plaque and calculus on your teeth and around the gumline. This soft, sticky film contains millions of bacteria which can lead to gum disease, loose teeth, bad breath if it is not removed every day. You can have a healthy, confident smile by taking the time to care for your smile daily.
The Daily Five
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes after every meal and snack.
- Use ADA-approved products to ensure safety and effectiveness. If you are prone to gum disease, it may help to use an electric toothbrush with smaller heads to remove plaque. Flossing removes plaque, not just food particles.
- Fluoride toothpaste can strengthen your enamel.
- Don’t forget to floss at least once a day. Flossing removes plaque in between the teeth and under the gumline.
- If you have oral health issues, you might use an antimicrobial mouth rinse once a day.
And finally, don’t forget to have your teeth professionally cleaned at least twice a year to remove hardened tartar, and check for tooth decay and gum disease.To schedule your next checkup and cleaning, please call 916-649-0249 today. Dr. Hoang Truong and our team at Gateway Oaks Dental in Sacramento, California, wish you and yours a healthy, Happy Thanksgiving!